Based in Houston
Release date: December 5, 2017
Platforms: PC Steam
PATHOS is a deep narrative-driven, sharp puzzle game that emphasizes attention, lateral thinking and plain ol’ persistence. What appears to be a simple mechanic – just find your way to the goal - builds on itself until every level is a Gordian Knot, every move one that requires real thought.
With an entrancing original soundtrack provided by maestro Tim Halbert and a clean, easy-on-the-eyes visual style, PATHOS aims to send its players into a groove, where hacking away at a devious maze for hours feels like greased gears sliding into place.
Beyond the presented narrative, PATHOS winks at threads left unwound, with secrets and achievements that will sate the hungriest thinker. No level completion achievements here – you’ll have to get creative with the given clues for every single chievo.
Delve deep enough into this fragmented psyche, and you may find yourself among the most formidable puzzle pulverizers the world can offer. Or, perhaps ominously, you may find yourself alone at the top.
* 150+ precisely crafted puzzles that wring every drop out of the developed mechanics.
* Mysterious narrative that challenges and provokes.
* 41 achievements, most discovered through deciphering verbal and visual clues.
* Several secrets woven even deeper into PATHOS’ fabric.
* Powerful OST by Tim Halbert, with a definite earworm or two in there
* Global win tracking statistics for every level